Meet the Team
A Team You Can Count On
Meet the incredible individuals who form the backbone of Whaler’s Cove Assisted Living. Our dedicated team is not just a group of professionals, but a family united by a shared commitment to provide the best possible care and support to each resident. Every team member brings a unique blend of expertise, compassion, and enthusiasm to enrich the lives of those we are honored to serve. Get to know the faces behind the care, and discover the passion and dedication that fuel our community’s vibrant spirit. We are excited to introduce you to the compassionate hearts and skilled hands that make our community a true home for our residents.
Laura Sousa, Executive Director
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to the entire community, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and values.
- Establishes a working relationship and positive engagement with residents, family, friends, team members, regulatory agencies, and community advocates by maintaining an uplifting, open-door atmosphere.
- Recruits, hires, and retains qualified staff members, ensuring appropriate staffing levels to meet residents’ needs and maintain a positive work environment.
- Represents the community in the broader community, advocating for the rights and needs of seniors and ensuring positive public relations for the community.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and execute long-term strategic plans and goals for the community’s growth and sustainability.
Julie Geller, Wellness Director
- Oversees the comprehensive delivery of personal care services to residents on a day-to-day basis following required regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of resident care with other disciplines, such as physicians, visiting nurse agencies, and caregivers.
- Assist in the interview, hiring, training and evaluation of care staff and nursing team in accordance with the residents’ needs and state regulations.
- Conducts clinical assessments of new applicants, participates in admission determination, and helps with coordinating new move ins.
Brian Alves, Business Office Manager
- Oversees resident financial accounts, ensuring accuracy, transparency, and compliance with billing and payment procedures.
- Assists in the development and management of the community’s budget, tracking expenses, and preparing financial reports to evaluate financial performance and inform decision-making.
- Processes accounts payable, ensuring timely payments to vendors and suppliers while maintaining accurate records of transactions.
- Collaborates with the HR department to manage payroll, employee benefits, and other related administrative tasks, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Streamlines office processes and procedures to optimize efficiency, productivity, and accuracy in financial transactions and administrative tasks.
Eric Costa, Maintenance Director
- Oversees and manages the overall maintenance of the facility, including building systems, grounds, and equipment.
- Hires, trains, and supervises maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure they are competent, efficient, and adhere to safety protocols.
- Develops and implements emergency response plans to address potential safety and maintenance emergencies.
- Coordinates and manages relationships with external vendors and contractors for repairs, installations, and maintenance services.
- Responds to maintenance requests from residents and staff in a timely and efficient manner, addressing their concerns and needs.
Mackenzie Botelho, Compliance Manager
- Verifies program eligibility and verifications for potential residents applying for admission and upon annual lease renewal.
- Develops, reviews, and updates policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations governing assisted living facilities.
- Conducts regular internal audits and assessments to monitor compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Maintains accurate and organized records of compliance-related activities, inspections, audits, corrective actions, and other relevant documentation to demonstrate compliance efforts.
- Investigates incidents, complaints, or allegations related to non-compliance and ethical concerns, ensuring timely and thorough reporting to appropriate channels.
- Enforces compliance with policies and procedures across all levels of the organization, promoting a culture of integrity and adherence to regulations.
Amanda Costa, Marketing Director
- Assumes primary intake responsibility for all inquiries and coordination of tours for prospective residents.
- Maintains occupancy in the community by developing meaningful personal relationships with potential residents, their families, and professional partners.
- Works with all departments to ensure the retention of all residents.
- Organizes events, open houses, workshops, and tours to engage with the local community.
- Develops comprehensive marketing strategies and campaigns to increase community visibility, attract potential residents, and drive occupancy rates.
- Creates marketing materials, brochures, advertisements, and presentations that effectively highlight the community’s features, amenities, and services.
Jeannine Pacheco, Activities Director
- Plans, develops, and coordinates a diverse range of engaging and age-appropriate activities and programs for residents based on their interests, abilities, and preferences.
- Conducts assessments of residents to understand their unique needs, interests, and abilities, ensuring that activities are tailored to each individual.
- Organizes special events, celebrations, and holiday-themed activities for residents, promoting a sense of festivity and community spirit.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community organizations, volunteers, entertainers, and guest speakers to enhance the variety and quality of activities offered to residents.
Jackie Damm, Activities Assistant
- Assists in planning, organizing, and implementing a variety of engaging activities and events for residents, considering their preferences, interests, and abilities.
- Encourages residents to participate in activities and engage with their peers, promoting social interaction, mental stimulation, and emotional well-being.
- Safely operates the community’s van to transport residents to and from activities, appointments, outings, and other scheduled events.
Food Services Team
- Plans nutritious and balanced meals that cater to the dietary needs, preferences, and restrictions of the residents.
- Develops diverse menus that provide a range of food options, ensuring variety in tastes, textures, and cultural preferences.
- Sources and purchases fresh, high-quality ingredients and food supplies from reliable vendors to maintain food safety and quality standards.
- Oversees the food production process, including meal preparation, cooking, plating, and presentation, ensuring adherence to portion control and quality standards.
- Oversees meal service, ensuring a pleasant dining experience for residents.
- Plans and executes special events and catering services as requested, ensuring exceptional food quality, presentation, and service for resident gatherings and community functions.
Stephanie Glenn, Wellness Nurse
- Conducts health assessments, for applicants and existing residents, documenting any changes and creating/adjusting care plans.
- Responds to emergencies and provides immediate medical assistance, following established protocols and procedures.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors, therapists, and aides, to maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records and reports to ensure a seamless plan of care.
- Educates residents and their families about health conditions, medications, and preventive care measures to empower them in managing their health.
Nichole Nania, Medical Billing
- Provides excellent customer service to residents, families, and healthcare professionals, addressing their needs, concerns, and inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prepares and submits accurate medical billing claims, ensuring compliance with coding standards, billing guidelines, and insurance requirements.
- Maintains organized and up-to-date medical records and billing files for residents, ensuring confidentiality, accuracy, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Assists in the management and organization of residents’ health records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, and accessible.
Lisa Preikszas, Social Worker
- Advocates for residents’ rights, preferences, and needs within the assisted living community and when interfacing with external healthcare providers, agencies, and organizations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community organizations, agencies, and support groups to enhance the availability of resources and services for residents.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals, including nurses, therapists, and physicians, to coordinate care, share relevant information, and ensure a holistic approach to resident well-being.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date resident records, progress notes, and documentation of social work interventions, assessments, and care plans in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Meya Gunderway, Housekeeper
Performs regular cleaning and sanitization of resident apartments, common areas, dining rooms, and other designated areas to maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Collects and disposes of waste, recycling, and other refuse in a safe and proper manner, following established waste management procedures and protocols.
- Executes periodic deep cleaning tasks such as window washing, upholstery cleaning, and high-dusting to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
Jason Pequita & Destin Pires, Maintenance Aids
- Completes all minor repairs as requested through maintenance work order forms.
- Performs routine maintenance on the building, including equipment.
- Performs necessary work for outside grounds, parking lots, waste removal, snow removal, grass and leaves.
- Notices and reports any conditions or situations which may impair the safety or well-being of the residents and staff.