Meet the Team
A Team You Can Count On
It is comforting to know that you are never alone when needing assistance. Whaler’s Cove has 24-hour dedicated staff coverage to serve all our residents’ needs.
Whether it is an unusual medication schedule or there is a health emergency in the middle of the night, our staff is trained to handle anything and everything.
Laura Sousa, Executive Director
- Ensures continuity and consistency in delivery and quality of services.
- Establishes a working relationship and positive engagement with residents, family, friends, team members, regulatory agencies, and community advocates by maintaining an uplifting, open-door atmosphere.
- Oversees the overall management and the day-to-day operations.
Amanda Costa, Marketing Director
- Assumes primary intake responsibility for all inquiries and coordination of tours for prospective residents.
- Maintains occupancy in the community by developing meaningful personal relationships with potential residents, their families, and professional partners.
- Works with all departments to ensure the retention of all residents.
Food Services Team
- Develops creative menus based on residents’ dietary needs and feedback.
- Oversees daily operations regarding food safety and quality, proper sanitation, food inventory, supervision, and training of kitchen personnel and dining staff.
Jeannine Pacheco, Activities Director
- Develops and implements specific programs based on the needs of residents.
- Organizes activities to engage residents and encourage socialization.
- Gives structure to the day for residents, which give them a sense of safety, helps with passing the time, and give a purpose to their life.
Mackenzie Botelho, Compliance Manager
- Verifies program eligibility and verifications for potential residents applying for admission and upon annual lease renewal.
- Regularly reviews documents and work practices identifying areas to improve or update.
- Guarantees that all processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines.
Lisa Preikszas, Social Worker
- Supports residents in leading fulfilled lives with a sense of well-being.
- Encourages residents to participate in leisure activities and develop their social and personal skills.
- Keeps open communication with families regarding residents’ everyday needs.
Brian Alves, Business Office Mgr.
- Manages Accounts Payable and Receivable, including billing, collecting, recording, and depositing of rent.
- Assists in monitoring the delivery of services provided to residents.
- Provides general Human Resources support to all departments, including overseeing compliance with county, state, and federal employment laws.
Julie Geller, Wellness Director
- Oversees the comprehensive delivery of personal care services to residents on a day-to-day basis following required regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of resident care with other disciplines, such as physicians, visiting nurse agencies, and caregivers.
- Assist in the interview, hiring, training and evaluation of care staff and nursing team in accordance with the residents’ needs and state regulations.
- Conducts clinical assessments of new applicants, participates in admission determination, and helps with coordinating new move ins.
Nichole Nania, Medical Billing
- Main point of contact for the wellness office, interacts with residents and families to ensure messages, concerns, and updates are relayed to the nursing staff.
- Handles program and insurance billing.
- Tracks and maintains documentation in accordance with residents needs and regulatory requirements.